White Bean and Quinoa Salad
Sooo my obsession with quinoa continues. I also may or may not have seen this on tastespotting and made it that very same day…I guess you could say I was inspired.
I also make it my personal mission to keep the bacon content up on this blog since Laura does not eat pork (for religious purposes). So when I saw that this recipe had both, I knew I had to recreate it ASAP. It also has some veggies in there so you can feel a little better about eating it. Take a look!
My entire family loved it and it was a nice, hearty meal for us.
I also have a newfound love for white beans. Black beans are still my favorite, but these guys are creeping their way in there!
This recipe is cake. Enjoy!
White Bean and Quinoa Salad, courtesy of How Sweet Eats
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 6-ounce bag of spinach
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1 cup cooked quinoa
1. Cook your quinoa according to box directions.
2. Meanwhile, cook your bacon in a large skillet (cook it nice and crispy).
3. Take the bacon out and let it sit for a minute, then throw your chopped onions and mushrooms into the same skillet with the bacon fat and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
4. After blotting the bacon with a paper towel, crumble it up into little pieces.
5. Then add in your onion and spinach until the spinach is wilted (about 3 minutes).
5. Add in your beans and cooked quinoa and mix everything together.
6. Turn of the heat and stir in your bacon bits.
7. Enjoy hot or cold with a nice glass of white wine 🙂