Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
Soooo this is what happens when Amy, Laura, and a bottle of wine re-unite! After not seeing each other for 5 months, when we finally got to hang out again, we knew we had to create something epic. Anyone who knows me knows that I have lifelong obsession with raspberries and we both love cupcakes, so how could we go wrong? Needless to say, these turned out better than we could have ever imagined!
Now, for the icing!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, preferably at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 12 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries (for garnish)
Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes (recipe adapted from Epicurious.com):
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your muffin tins with liners. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
2. Using a mixer, beat together butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, and 3 teaspoons lemon peel in large bowl until blended. Beat until it is fluffy and pale yellow.
3. Add in 1 egg at a time. After each, beat the batter until blended.
4. Beat in half of your flour. buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Beat until blended, then beat in the remaining flour.
5. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin, then add 1 teaspoon of seedless raspberry jam on top, then cover them with the remaining batter.
6. Bake your cupcakes until an inserted toothpick comes out smoothly, so about 20-22 minutes.
1. Whisk together remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam.
2. Let your cupcakes cool completely, then spoon the desired amount of icing over your cupcakes. Let the icing set, which will take about 30 minutes. You can also add some fresh raspberries on top!
We gave these to our friends at a Lakers viewing party (WOO 2010 NBA Champs baby!), and everyone devoured them. This is by far one of my most favorite cupcakes recipes we have ever made. Laura’s mom even went so far as to say that these cupcakes were the best thing of ours that she had tasted to date! YAY!
Try these and you will not be disappointed!