Chocolate Salted Graham Crackers
Attention everyone, I am still alive and cooking! lol After finally making it back stateside after 4 months in the incomparable Sydney, Australia, I have been running around like a crazy person getting an internship and a job. Sometime last week I finally had time to relax for a bit, so I decided to bake something super fast and easy to eat after dinner that night. I came across and old recipe that I had saved on the computer a while back for some delicious looking salted chocolate covered graham crackers! Perfect for a quick dessert. As everyone knows, I have an obsession with all things dark chocolate, so I covered the graham crackers in dark chocolate, but you can use whatever you want. Enjoy!
Chocolate Salted Graham Crackers (adapted from http://www.bitchincamero.com) We doubled the original recipe, so it made about 30 covered crackers:
– 1 Box of Graham Crackers
– 16 oz. Chocolate chips of your choice
– a pinch of sea salt per each cracker
1. Break graham crackers into desired sizes
2. In your double boiler, bring water to a boil at a medium heat.
3. Place your pan of chocolate over the water, but not touching it, reduce to a low heat, and watch your chocolate chips melt.
4. Once chocolate is completely melted, remove from heat.
5. Drop your graham crackers into the chocolate, cover them completely, then set them on nearby wax paper.
6. Then sprinkle them with the desired amount of sea salt.
7. Let the graham crackers set for about 2 hours in a room temperature-cool area.
This is such an easy recipe and it makes a lot of graham crackers, so it would be perfect to bring to a potluck or any type of party. Hope you all enjoy!