Pistachio Nut Bread (holiday style!)
First off, I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and a happy Hannukah and a great holiday season in general. So holiday time = traditions here at my house. One of our oldest traditions is to make pistachio bread to give to our neighbors as a little gift. The neighbors seem to like it (aka they haven’t complained about it in 10 years lol), and my family eats this stuff for weeks after. It’s so simple and fun to make with your mommy. So without further ado, pistachio bread that will make your neighbors love you!
While one person is stirring the batter, another can be preparing the loaf pans. We used mini ones here, but we usually use regular sized loaf pans, so either will work. You just grease them lightly with butter and then a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top of that. It acts as a nice coat on top of the loaf and helps it to not stick.
– 1 3oz. package of Pistachio Jell-O mix (instant pudding)
-1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
– 1/4 cups vegetable/salad oil
-1/8 cup water
-1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Pistachio Nut Bread (Courtesy of our lovely family friend, Beth Sellers):
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
3. Coat loaf pans with butter and then a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
4. Pour batter into pans and bake for 30-45 minutes (or until golden brown).
5. Allows the bread to cool….we like to keeps ours in the refrigerator and it lasts for about 2 weeks.
So a little holiday tradition from my home to yours. These make perfect gifts and are tasty at any time of the day. Happy holidays and I hope you all enjoy!