Oreo Fudge Bars.
Oreo. Fugde. Bars. I can barely say the words without drooling. But before I show you this delicious recipe, let me apologize for being M.I.A. for apple week. I actually did make apple custard, but was unhappy with how it turned out. It has been a busy past couple weeks, with papers, midterms, and quizzes keeping me from the kitchen. I did find some time this week to make some fudge though!
I have been saving this recipe for awhile now. When deciding the theme for this week, I immediately thought about how I wanted to make these bars. The recipe was so easy, making it a good choice for my busy schedule. So my fellow readers, take some time out of your busy schedules this week to relax in the kitchen baking these oreo fudge bars. I promise these won’t disappoint.
Gather your ingredients.
Set aside 6 oreos. Place remaining oreos in a plastic bag and crush with some bludgeoning object (I used a rolling pin).
Mix in butter and salt. Place the mixture in the 9 x 13 pan, and use your hands to press oreos down into a single layer.
Melt semi-sweet, milk, and white chocolate chips with the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
Pour and spread mixture evenly over oreos.
crush up remaining oreos and pour with milk and white chocolate chips.
bake for 20 minutes. let cool for an hour. melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, pour into a plastic bag, and ice the fudge.
Let cool in the fridge before cutting. Enjoy! I had mine with a glass of milk. These are very rich, so I would suggest a smaller serving size. My friends and roommates love these, and they have been going like crazy!
Peace, Love, and FUDGE,
Oreo Fudge Bars, adapted from Crepes of Wrath (http://thecrepesofwrath.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/oreo-fudge-bars/)
1 18 oz. package of Oreo cookies (I used reduced fat, it shouldn’t matter which kind)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray with Pam. Set aside 6 oreo cookies.
2. Grind the rest of the cookies. Add salt and stir to combine.
3. Melt the butter and stir together with the cookie crumb mixture. Press firmly into the bottom of the pan. coarsely chop the remaining cookies into chunks and set aside.
4. On the stove top, melt 3/4 cup semi-sweet, 1/4 cup milk chocolate, and 1/4 cup white chocolate together with the condensed milk and vanilla. Be careful not to burn the chocolate! Melt the chips halfway and then stir them until they’ve melted completely.
5. Stir the chocolate mixture frequently until smooth and spread evenly over the prepared cookie crust.
6. Sprinkle the remaining milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and the Oreo cookie chunks over the top of the filling. Press down gently and bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. Allow to cool on counter for 1 hour, then drizzle the melted white chocolate chips over the bars.
8. Chill in fridge until completely cold and set before cutting into bars or it will make a big mess.